Our friends at OcuShield have listed the ten best top tips for healthy eyes.
Their eye experts have compiled top ten tips to prevent eye strain - you deserve fresher feeling eyes!
1. Clean those smudges! Smudges on your screen can reduce contrast and increase glare, which can contribute to eye strain and fatigue.
2. Keep your computer screen 20-26 inches away from your eyes, slightly below eye level.
4. The 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, look 20 feet away into the distance (or out of the window), for 20 seconds.
5. BLINK! Put a note on your computer screen/digital device to remind yourself to blink. Blinking replenishes your tear film, shown to increase comfort and reduce dry eyes.
6. Excessive air movement dries out your eyes. Avoid this by decreasing the speed of ceiling fans or oscillating fans.
7. Always take regular breaks from the computer, away from your desk. Even a short walk to the water dispenser can help.
8. Use artificial tears (eye drops) up to four times a day.
9. Unleash a humidifier! A humidifier puts more moisture in the air. With more moisture in the air, tears evaporate more slowly, keeping your eyes more comfortable. On the other hand, fires, log burners and air conditioners decrease humidity in the air.
10. Last but not least - using an Ocushield on your digital devices cuts the harmful blue light from screens, preventing eye strain due to cumulative blue light exposure.
We hope these tips make life in the digital age easier on your eyes.